Yes, I know I’m late.
Welcome to 2011!! I can’t believe it’s here and how fast 2010 went. I’m not a fan of time moving quickly because I feel like I never can get things done and I am getting older, faster.
Here’s an example how I don’t get anything done. Our Christmas cards didn’t get made in time so they became New Years cards….which still haven’t been done so I will need to get them out and hope it’s before February!
I’m not going to go into a post about things I’ve learned and gone though because, honestly, I can’t remember. Instead, I’m going to write down my resolutions goals for this next year. All these were chosen in order for me to be a better me. It may look like a lot but they are small and doable.
1) To actually train for a 1/2 marathon and run it well (I’m running one in 2 days but haven’t trained at all, I’m hoping I don’t die)
2) To read my Bible EVERY day whether it’s just a verse or more. No more “I have no time to read a lot so I’m not going to” or “I’ll start tomorrow”
3) To live up to the word COMMITMENT and actually follow-thru with what I say. Mostly regarding serving somewhere whether it be Jr. High, Childrens, Bookstore…dedicate myself to something.
4) Church EVERY SUNDAY- I’ve gotten into a bad habit of not going every Sunday due to my sinful desire to sleep more, my lack of motivation to commit and probably a bit of a negative attitude.
5) Jr. High – To commit up to camp, FULLY, and decide what to do after. This means Tuesday night girls Bible study, Sunday service, and the in-betweens. Unsure of Wednesday nights due to joining up on Tuesdays.
6) Finish school – I’d like to get my bachelors. I don’t care what people say. I’d like to get it. OR possibly go back and do Hygiene but that seems a bit more out of the question at the moment.
7) Working out – This goes along with #1 but it’s not only about the 1/2 it’s also about being healthy and also helping my mind stay away from the negative side.
8) Backpacking – My husband and I both enjoy this but yet we don’t do it very often. My ultimate goal is once a month but if I can get us out there once every 6-8 weeks it would be awesome. It will mostly just be on weekends so I think montly would be best.
9) Blog – I’d really really really like to get better at blogging. I’m going to blog about my day, life, things I read, my exercise, my progress, and my failures (well maybe not all my failures). I may start a different one specifically for my spiritual growth and path but that’s undecided at the moment.
Now I haven’t actually started yet. I guess my timing is late on most things. But come Monday it’s my start to the New Year and my New Me!